Friday, February 12, 2010
Monday, January 04, 2010
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Over the last few months I have:
- Fallen in love with Feist. Both the music and the woman.
- Actually looked forward to running on a treadmill every afternoon.
- Resumed letter writing.
- Become perilously addicted to coffee.
- Believed that if I brush my hair A LOT every day it will grow faster.
- Listened to far too much Madonna.
- Watched far too much Will and Grace. Correction; watched far too little Will and Grace.
- Wondered what I'll do when I grow up and in turn wondered whether I will ever grow up.
- Lost 6kg. Literally. Think about it... where does it go?
- Considered cutting myself some bangs.
- Not missed the internet as much as I thought I would.
- Realised that women wear unnecessarily ridiculous shoes that make them walk funny.
- Enjoyed spending waaaay too much time with my ever amazing and inspiring - and annoying - sister.
- Enjoyed annoying my sister. Hehe.
- Anticipated my sojourn in Adelaide for the house sitting job I could have only ever dreamt about.
How's this weather? Lovely.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
... I need to find this book.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Monday, January 22, 2007
During the last few weeks I've become more than a little interested in Politics again, in general, even to the point of getting all fiery and giving my sister an earful of opinionated incredulity about all the unfathomable things that are occuring in the World over fish and chips on Saturday.
I'm particularly interested all of a sudden in the possible candidates for the PoTUS (gotta love that first episode of West Wing).
It seems I'm thawing. I'm having feelings again and even, sometimes, expressing them.
It might be the heat.
More likely the impending sense of liberation.
9 more days to go. The countdown is on.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Bertie Blackman - Hold Me Close
Dan Kelly & The Alpha Males - I Will Release Myself (Unto You)
Devoted Few - Don't Listen To Us
Gotye - Hearts A Mess
Ground Components/Macromantics - Coming In From All Angles
Holly Throsby - Making A Fire
Howling Bells - Low Happening
Mia Dyson - I Meant Something To You Once
Panda Band - Lovely Shoulders
Sarah Blasko - Explain
I picked a whole bunch and then wheedled it down to the Australian songs that were total ear worms for me during 2006. The other songs that made my shortlist but were not Australian, so didn't get voted for (because I'm patriotic that way), were:
Camille - Ta Douleur
Cat Power - The Greatest
Elbow - Leaders Of The Free World
Futureheads - Skip To The End
Gnarls Barkley - Just A Thought
Gossip - Jealous Girls
Hidden Cameras – Awoo
Joan As Police Woman - I Defy
Kimya Dawson - I Like Giants
The Knife - Silent Shout
Lady Sovereign - Love Me Or Hate Me
Lily Allen – Alfie
M Ward - Chinese Translation
Mates Of State - Like U Crazy
My Latest Novel - The Reputation Of Ross Francis
Pony Up! - The Truth About Cats & Dogs (Is That They Die)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Turn Into
Please don't remind me that I forgot to vote for Darren Hanlon's 'People Who Wave at Trains'. I will just cry.