Sunday, January 14, 2007

Triple J Hottest 100

I voted! And the songs are (in no particular order):

Bertie Blackman - Hold Me Close
Dan Kelly & The Alpha Males - I Will Release Myself (Unto You)
Devoted Few - Don't Listen To Us
Gotye - Hearts A Mess
Ground Components/Macromantics - Coming In From All Angles
Holly Throsby - Making A Fire
Howling Bells - Low Happening
Mia Dyson - I Meant Something To You Once
Panda Band - Lovely Shoulders
Sarah Blasko - Explain

I picked a whole bunch and then wheedled it down to the Australian songs that were total ear worms for me during 2006. The other songs that made my shortlist but were not Australian, so didn't get voted for (because I'm patriotic that way), were:

Camille - Ta Douleur
Cat Power - The Greatest
Elbow - Leaders Of The Free World
Futureheads - Skip To The End
Gnarls Barkley - Just A Thought
Gossip - Jealous Girls
Hidden Cameras – Awoo
Joan As Police Woman - I Defy
Kimya Dawson - I Like Giants
The Knife - Silent Shout
Lady Sovereign - Love Me Or Hate Me
Lily Allen – Alfie
M Ward - Chinese Translation
Mates Of State - Like U Crazy
My Latest Novel - The Reputation Of Ross Francis
Pony Up! - The Truth About Cats & Dogs (Is That They Die)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Turn Into

Please don't remind me that I forgot to vote for Darren Hanlon's 'People Who Wave at Trains'. I will just cry.

1 comment:

Brad said...

you are a blogging MACHINE at the moment! I had forgotten about that stop sign actually! Funny how I stop noticing things and then completely forget they were ever there... oooh COOL - this computer has a ~ key!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~