Monday, October 31, 2005

the heartache is gone/bettye swann



I've been listening to a CD that I got for free with a music magazine a couple of years back called 'Raw Soul' and the music is just fantastic. Makes me want to dance like a crazy person. Especially the crazy simultaneous head waggle and arm flailing dance. This song gets played more than any of the others on the CD.

I finally took my film from my Holga camera to be processed and picked them up today. The above is a pretty sketchy result, but there is a reason I chose these flowers today.

There was a message on my answering machine when I got home from work tonight from an old man who sounded so very heartbroken:

"Hello, uh, I just rang to tell you that Joan died yesterday at 4pm and, uh, well, uh, we made, we haven't made the arrangements yet, but we'll let you know when we've finalised them... bye now."

I don't know Joan. I don't know the old man who left the message. I did, however, burst into tears.

These flowers here, they are for Joan.

May she rest in peace.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Wow... poor Joan. Poor man who left the message... I hope the people he was trying to leave the message for have found out...

epg said...

Oh, me too. The horrible thing was I wanted to be able to find him and tell him he had the wrong number.

When I got home last night, there was another message of silence and I think someone said "oh, hold on..." then hung up. So, I'm accepting that as he rang again and realised it wasn't the right number.