Tuesday, November 22, 2005

my angel rocks back and forth/four tet



Found on one of the compilations that came with a magazine I used to buy, there is something enormously soothing about this song. I think it's the harp and the slow beat... and no words.

I don't speak to my Dad often. I suppose that makes sense as he's a man of few words. Most of the time he's not keen on talking just for the sake of talking. I really admire that about him. When I do get to speak to him it pleases me. I feel better about the world, other humans and myself and it always reminds me of what kind of person I want to be; one like him.

He's not fussy. He likes to be busy. He enjoys simple things. He doesn't interfere. He's a gentle person. He's quiet and considered. He's smart about most things (and you just don't know until you ask). He doesn't care for gossip. He wants to know you're happy and reminds you that its the most important thing. He's fantastic at deductive reasoning. He likes people and things that are uncomplicated (and don't tell me all humans are complicated, it's humans who make humans complicated). He likes British comedy. I could go on.

I talked to him tonight, so I'm feeling pretty good about things.

No comments: