Sunday, April 10, 2005

go or go ahead/rufus wainwright



I love Rufus Wainwright. I was in a Rufus mood today without knowing it. As soon as this song came on while I was walking I was immediately soothed. He writes beautiful songs and words and he has a fantastic wavering milk and honey voice that I adore.

Walking is so much more attractive with my new toys: camera and mp3 playing walkman. My three drugs of choice going hand in hand (walking/photography/music). Now when I go walking I am happy thinking and singing along and stopping if there is a photo to be taken. So great to walk the streets being intravenously fed through my ears with sweet, sweet music.

Tonight I picked up my guitar after a long period of wondering whether I should sell it. I used to be passionate about it. The reason I picked it up was I heard 'Manchild' by Eels while I was walking and decided I wanted to be able to play and sing it. So that's what I've been working on tonight. Nearly there. Might cheat and Google some tab for it though.

The other thing I've been working on is my Ab Fab obsession. I put on Series 4 while I tidied up, dusted and vacuumed the lounge room. I love every single episode of every series of Ab Fab and I think Jennifer Saunders is a very funny and silly person; most admirable traits. She is a delight to watch and to laugh at.

Here is something I found recently that really touched me: Operation Lion Heart.

No comments: