Monday, April 25, 2005

war on war/wilco



My new infatuation: Wilco.

Their albums and songs have slowly crept their way into my psyche and set up camp. I have liked Wilco for some time. Since their very urgent and great song "Outtasite (Outta Mind)" came out nearly ten years ago (which they also have a version of which sounds incredibly close to the Sesame Street theme). They are the kind of band that I've warmed to slowly, song by song. I always thought they were a little 'uncool' ("Hello?" "Pot?" "Is that the Kettle?" "You're black!"). Maybe because they are a little bit country, but hey, I've come to terms with my country leanings... I like Emmylou Harris. I like Gillian Welch. I like Neil Young. Even when I thought I never listened to their records much I couldn't bear to sell them. I'm glad I didn't. I can't get enough of them now.

I was checking out their website and found this great little piece of art that looks like a moving Rorschach Test:

fireworks by deborah johnson

On a tangent: a new photoblog I found that kicks serious butt:

itwon't$*%(ingkillyou

and coming close to being my favourite photoblog:

Young Japanese Commuters in Currents of Keitai Culture

My actual favourite photoblog at the moment:

Coney Island II

Hmmm, photoblogs? The real infatuation?

No comments: